NewEngDSM.org Forum Index NewEngDSM.org
New England DSM Car Club Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Powered by Google
Johnson's Auto Service - West Warwick, RI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NewEngDSM.org Forum Index -> The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meat
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Johnson's Auto Service - West Warwick, RI Reply with quote

I couldn't say enough bad things to stress how much to stay away from this place. How they ever got their AAA approved status is beyond me.

After fixing my taillight issue myself, I brought the GSX for a diagnostic on the power windos and seats, this was back in the beginning of July. I told them that there was a dead wire in the engine wiring bay. They assured me they could fix this and it wouldn't be too bad of a price.

Fast forward nearly two months later, to last week, after a series of excuses from them misunderstanding what I was telling them, to a supposed death of a family member of the mechanic working on my car, I finally had enough of them and picked the car up. I also started checking every night to ever see if my car left their storage area to the engine bay, even wedging a quarter under one of the wheels to see if it moved. The car never moved, they never even moved it from that spot. The car just sat there.

Finally I called them to ask for a status update to which they told me they were having a hard time finding the short, then I called them for another update to which they told me they narrowed it down to the engine bay. Which was a lie since they never even brought the car inside, but also happens to be exactly what I told them when dropping it off.

Nearly 2 months wasted. I refused to pay and after some argument and legal threats, finally got my car back. Why a shop can't just say they don't want to take the job rather than run me around in circles, is beyond me.

Definitely NOT recommended.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NewEngDSM.org Forum Index -> The Good, the Bad and the Ugly All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: