NewEngDSM.org Forum Index NewEngDSM.org
New England DSM Car Club Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Powered by Google
Doug E (the Doug)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NewEngDSM.org Forum Index -> The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonnyGSX
Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a bad thing you could say about this guy, he fixed my car and told me a lot of use full info. His engine building also impressed the hell out of me, that why I'm choosing him for my 6 bolt, Thanks Doug
p.s. he is a very funny guy, great sense of humor Laughing

"Your car haul's ass" - Doug E.

Best ET 13.2@ 103.95mph.
xxxbulletzxxx
Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely an A+ to Doug. Not only did he help me get the 6 bolt back into healthy condition he did it fast! Brought the motor to him one day, got it back the next!! Extremely trustworthy and fair!
04 BMW 325ci
12 Harley Fatboy lo
Spoolin95DSM
Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a transfercase today off Doug. Gave me a good price and even included a free new seal.
Thanks Doug! Would never hesitate to do buisness with this guy!

460hp/360tq PTE6262 93oct Mustang dyno
laxdude
Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a wheel bearing for me, I supplied him with the wrong part and he went out of his way to get the right part for me. Did the job in a timely fashion and put up with my rust ridden rear suspension. Much appreciated Doug!
Turbo99
Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a set of ARP head studs from Doug and despite a mistake on my part in the pricing of the item he patiently waited until I had the remaining money to send to him. Thumbs Up
91 Galant VR4 - 1459/2000
km123
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swapped a turbo in a friend of mines car. then forgot to fill it with coolant. The car is now having a terrible overheating issue. Rolling Eyes
-99 LQ9 GMC sonoma pickup
Leon R
Lenny

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, very unlike him but I guess anything can happen. Shrug

I am sure Doug will comment on this when gets back from vacation later this week.

'80 TR7 Spyder GS-T http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2472999
ACM
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And did a great job on both Katy's 2G and my 2G earlier this year.

Charles

1995 AWD Talon, #20 ESP trailer queen
95.5 AWD Talon garage queen
2010 F250 PSD daily driver
zedder24
Nonfunctional car builder

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug has always taken care of any issues I had with his service, even when they weren't directly his fault. Plus, he's cute.

If I remember correctly, there is not a lot of coolant that comes out when you swap turbos anyway. I can't imagine there would be enough spilled to cause cooling issues, however I have been wrong before. Many times, actually.

Another reason to get rid of the coolant lines to the turbo!

87 Fiero GT TSi 12.65@101 - FP Green
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Empire
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug recently just installed new shocks and springs in my car. Communication was fantastic and despite a little confusion with scheduling all went well and the end result was more than satisfying.
The pricing was awesome and all the work was done perfect. I highly recommend Doug E to work on anyone's DSM. He's a stand up guy and is very honest. A+ Very Happy

Doug E
"The Doug"

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

km123 wrote:
swapped a turbo in a friend of mines car. then forgot to fill it with coolant. The car is now having a terrible overheating issue. Rolling Eyes

Kyle ,I have not seen any evidence of me forgetting to add coolant .When I went to danvers to pick up bobby when the car overheated the car had a bad water pump and was pumping coolant out of the weep hole. I would have to say that a high mileage car that has been sitting around could very easily have a waterpump failure of this type . It is to bad it happened after a turbo and clutch swap. But I fixed a car that had not been driven in a while and it had a old waterpump .I don't see how this is my fault. Further more I offered to take a look at the car to rule out something simple and never heard back from bobby and I have voice mail for when I am on vacation or under a car. I think the general consensus is I am a stand up guy and if I screw up something I make it right.

I would also like to mention ,Assuming you are the Kyle I think you are (there are to many in the club to remember) I am fairly certain you brought your car here for a tranny related problem (clutch maybe)? And you brought the car back with a axle seal leak. As far as I remember I fixed it in a timely fashion charged you a fair and reasonable price and you never posted anything positive about the experience yet you post a negative about me for a situation /transaction you are not even involved in. Doesn't seem fair to me.

km123
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to bash you Doug, maybe the car is on its way out. All i know is i spend a lot of time in this car and it never had any issue until after you did the turbo swap. Just seemed fishy to me. Its none of my business as you pointed out, so that's all I'll say.
mitsu matt
Toughskins

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

km123 wrote:
Not trying to bash you Doug, maybe the car is on its way out. All i know is i spend a lot of time in this car and it never had any issue until after you did the turbo swap. Just seemed fishy to me. Its none of my business as you pointed out, so that's all I'll say.

Whether you mean it or not, you are still trying to sully Doug's reputation with your comments -

"All i know is i spend a lot of time in this car and it never had any issue until after you did the turbo swap. Just seemed fishy to me"

You are not involved with the situation other than spending a lot of time in the car, so drop it already. You are starting to look like a touchhole about this.

73 Corvette roadster - OVERLAP
Turbo99
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to see how you're involved or affected by this Matt. Or how telling someone they're "starting to look like a touchhole" aids this situation.
91 Galant VR4 - 1459/2000
Dominic
The welcome wagon?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt = unabashed mature voice of reason
'00 Mountaineer 5.0 - beater
zedder24

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turbo99 wrote:
I fail to see how you're involved or affected by this Matt. Or how telling someone they're "starting to look like a touchhole" aids this situation.

Shouldn't you be trying to find an 11mm something or other?

Let the moderators do the moderating, plzkthxbye.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
km123
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mitsu matt wrote:
km123 wrote:

Whether you mean it or not, you are still trying to sully Doug's reputation with your comments -

"All i know is i spend a lot of time in this car and it never had any issue until after you did the turbo swap. Just seemed fishy to me"

You are not involved with the situation other than spending a lot of time in the car, so drop it already. You are starting to look like a touchhole about this.

considering I've known the kid for the better half of the 20 years of my life , I'd say i should have more of an opinion then you. I'm sorry that i posted a concern in a thread where opinions are meant to be spoken. while i did not have direct contact with Doug during any of the problems, I felt it was necessary to post. hey maybe i am an asshole but when a family member has a problem i tend to "get involved with the situation"

Dennis
Pea Bladder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

km123 wrote:

It seems fishy? Get some real proof he messed the car up then post back.

s**t breaks on these cars all the time. Of course your going to say there was no problem before the swap but that is how a problem happens... It just happens. There is not a letter or a singing telegram to inform you your car is going to fall apart.

I think all this nonsense should be deleted.

Irony is lost on kleptomaniacs because they take everything literally.
Noyzee
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle has a right to be able to say what he wants, that is what this section is for. regardless what happened the car is back together and ill pinpoint the cooling issue myself. All I asked for is to get my car back running and that is where the car stands. Doug I have yet to call you because I haven't had the time or patients with the car but the car runs and that is what i asked for

Since you want some proof if my phone recorded all conversations i could show you that he said his mechanic helper forgot to put coolant into my car...but I guess that isn't real proof since my phone does not have that option nor would you believe it if I did

but regardless Doug himself did not do anything besides fix his helpers mistakes including running around to try and find all the parts he needed to get my car where it is. I don't want to "bash" anyone in the good the bad the ugly section I'm just pointing out facts and the whole situation doesn't bother me.

MikeRizz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

km123 wrote:
while i did not have direct contact with Doug during any of the problems, I felt it was necessary to post.

The problem is you were not directly involved. So anything you add is second hand at best. Bob is a member here and is able to post any disappointment with Doug himself.

FIC Dealer / Shep Trans Dealer / FP Dealer
Constitutional Arms, Federally licensed firearms dealer
zedder24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noyzee wrote:
kyle has a right to be able to say what he wants, that is what this section is for.

Actually, this section is for first hand experience with members of this forum. If you're going to post a "bad guy" post, you better have a full explanation of what went down, you can not just post whatever you feel like. This is not a democracy. Smile

km123
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kyle ,I have not seen any evidence of me forgetting to add coolant .When I went to danvers to pick up bobby when the car overheated the car had a bad water pump and was pumping coolant out of the weep hole. I would have to say that a high mileage car that has been sitting around could very easily have a waterpump failure of this type . It is to bad it happened after a turbo and clutch swap. But I fixed a car that had not been driven in a while and it had a old waterpump .I don't see how this is my fault"

All i want to know is what is with this BS reply when you specifically told him that your helper did not put coolant in?

98 GSX AWD
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why your making a big deal about this, Doug wouldn't do any such thing, its possible your friend was beating on the car?

Anyways bought 600+ dollars worth of parts from Doug a few weeks ago, and he was very good in communicating the pickup and gave them to me for a great price, solved all my problems, I would recommend his reman heads to anybody, I'm totally impressed with it! I had a few problems with the healacoils in some of the holes but everything is good now! Thanks Doug!

Leon R
Lenny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

km123 wrote:
All i want to know is what is with this BS reply when you specifically told him that your helper did not put coolant in?

Kyle, as it has been established several times earlier, you weren't present during that conversation so STAY OUT OF IT!

If Bob has a problem with his dealings with Doug, he is welcome to post about it!

'80 TR7 Spyder GS-T http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2472999
Doug E
"The Doug"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noyzee wrote:
kyle has a right to be able to say what he wants, that is what this section is for. regardless what happened the car is back together and ill pinpoint the cooling issue myself. All I asked for is to get my car back running and that is where the car stands. Doug I have yet to call you because I haven't had the time or patients with the car but the car runs and that is what i asked for

Since you want some proof if my phone recorded all conversations i could show you that he said his mechanic helper forgot to put coolant into my car...but I guess that isn't real proof since my phone does not have that option nor would you believe it if I did

but regardless Doug himself did not do anything besides fix his helpers mistakes including running around to try and find all the parts he needed to get my car where it is. I don't want to "bash" anyone in the good the bad the ugly section I'm just pointing out facts and the whole situation doesn't bother me.

Bobby, To clarify you asked me if it was possible if my helper forgot to add coolant and I said yes it was possible .Never did I say I forgot to add coolant accidents do happen but it doesn't seem so in this case . After discussing this with shawn he said he added coolant and road tested the vehicle and it was fine. The problem is your water pump was old and failed and pumped ALL THE COOLANT OUT all over the highway . The problem I am failing to understand is you asked me to look at you vehicle after I installed a new water pump and I said I would as this entire overheating problem you are having could be minor. But I never heard from you and your friend kyle just starting leaving bad feedback after you and I had an agreement that I would look at it again. I am still willing to look at it again if you want. My guess at this point is if you have been driving this vehicle for many weeks overheating and didn't notice the temp gauge going up in the first place you probably blew the head gasket. I am willing to work out something fair to put a new head and gasket on this car.

Doug

Noyzee
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car is extremely complicated to explain but I have yet to let the car come close to overheating. I'm sorry this whole thing was an issue, you did say you called him and he said he forgot to put coolant in. I don't really care I understand things break and I'm not trying to blame you for anything, or try and give a bad reputation. you fixed the car and that is all I asked for. So yes your a great mechanic and my car is running and i appreciated all your efforts in attempting to fix the car. there doesn't really need to be any more posts about this whole incident and I did not mean to offend anyone

Doug it may have took a lot of time to fix but I have my car back and thank you

nick i wasn't beating on the car at all.

nichols
Direct TV Rules!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone truly did forget to add coolant during the turbo swap (and you lose a pretty decent amount when you swap a turbo), there's no way the car would have even made it TO the highway, let alone through the Shawn's road test, without overheating. Certainly not for a period of time between when you picked the car up, and what seems like at least a week or two later.

I find it extremely disappointing that the entire mess in this thread was started by someone posting their interpretation of what they think went on. I hope the rest of you can take this thread as a lesson in how not to post heresay in the good guy / bad guy forum.

Doug is 100% a stand up guy, and will bend over backwards to make something right. He's helped me out on a number of occasions, and I've never, in the 8+ years I've known him, had a bad experience.

Dominic
The welcome wagon?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nichols wrote:
He's helped me out on a number of occasions, and I've never, in the 8+ years I've known him, had a bad experience.

I just want to add that I have never done any real business with Doug, just shuttled parts around, but he's got a nice smile and I love his accent.

Also, it kind of freaks me out these days when I think of how long I've known some of you guys.

'00 Mountaineer 5.0 - beater
Jake C
Rank Critic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Guy, sold him the 7 bolt from my 2g. Arranged to meet at the track and everything went smoothly.
98 GSX AWD
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to no surprise Doug is and always will be the man! Gave him my car and he pretty much found the majority of the problems and fixed them of course. The car crawled down to his shop and ripped out of it in the end...I'm so impressed with it, 10x faster than it was. Had the car modded like it is for almost a year now and its never lost traction in 1st until now. Thanks again Doug!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NewEngDSM.org Forum Index -> The Good, the Bad and the Ugly All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: